Welcome to your one stop spot where you can find everything you need related to your yoga practice and your general wellness.

Monday 4 April 2011

Silence is Golden

Alright everyone - today's blog post is a rant. I'm gonna vent about all those annoying chatterboxes. Unfortunately, yoga rooms are filled with them. I don't know about you, but when I take a yoga class, I expect silence. Not only do I expect it, I crave it. All day long I have to listen to people speak, complain, yell, laugh and whisper. When I get to the studio I'm looking for the complete opposite. I want time to myself, time to breathe. Time to meditate. Time to explore the joys of yoga. Just this past weekend I took class and got onto my mat 5-10 early. These two women were chatting - and not even whispering. What was I supposed to do? Tell these strangers to shut it? Make a shhhhhhhhh sound? Well, I ended up ignoring them and needless to say they ruined my pre-class meditation. So please  - if you want to gossip and chit chat do it before class outside!!! 
Ok, can we get back to some yoga now.......

No comments: